Most of us love to play games on our computers, tablets, and smartphones. However, the games we play on our consoles and computers do a much better job of creating a realistic experience. Video games are not only great for bonding with people we know, but they’re also a great way to make new friends.
Here’s how you can get the most out of modern video games:
Watch your expenses:
Heavy video game titles, especially when they just came out, are quite expensive. Some games cost even more than $50. Most people find these prices unreasonable. That doesn’t mean you always have to spend a fortune to be able to enjoy these games.
Here are some ways to enjoy the games at cheaper prices.
- Wait a few months after the games have been released, because prices drop quite a bit
- Shop on holidays and events, especially Cyber Monday when you get crazy discounts
- Consider buying legitimate used sets from the market as they are considerably cheaper.
Don’t buy pirated games though, because it takes the fun out of it. Also, if you are playing games online, your copy must be licensed and registered to get all the features.
play family games
Many games are intended to be played exclusively by adults, and may even contain a bit of profanity. If you want to enjoy the gaming experience with your children, you will want to avoid such titles. The best way to find out is to check the ESRB ratings. They are much like movie ratings that separate adult content from family-friendly content.
Here are some things you should do to improve your experience:
- Set up a family account online on your consoles, so you can save your history and continue from where you last left off
- When you enable the Internet on your console, make sure the privacy settings are enabled the way you want
- Disable automatic payments for in-game upgrades as children may inadvertently choose the wrong options and waste money
- Game Strategies to Help You Succeed
- Some of the console games coming out today have complex strategies. It will take you a while to get used to them.
If you play a lot of first person shooter (or FPS) games:
- Make sure to play solo for a while, so you understand how all the options work.
- Do not reload your weapon in the game. Always hide or crouch when reloading, otherwise another player can kill you while reloading.
- The key to doing well in shooting games is to stay alive, so it’s always defense first.
- Save your games at different points, so you can go back to a previous state if you don’t like what you did.
Console games are not only entertainment, but also exercise the brain and body. They also help children develop many physical and mental skills. More importantly, they allow you to relieve your stress after a hard day at work.