One of the most exciting parts of planning a quinceañera is choosing a theme. The selection of your fifteen theme should be made early in the planning process. The theme you select will determine many factors regarding your party, such as the style of the invitations, decorations, cake, even the color and style of the dress! Here are some common, and not so common, themes for quinceañeras:
1. Princess – One of the most popular themes, details could include an exaggerated pink dress, a princess cake, crystal slippers, and horse and carriage centerpieces.
2. Mardi Gras / Masquerade – Another popular option, this theme can be carried out with masks (for the court of fifteen or for all the guests), beaded necklaces for the guests to win, vibrant dresses and costumes for the court and
3. Butterfly: A favorite, butterflies can be woven into every facet of the quinceañera theme. A live butterfly display on the head table would really complete this theme! Other areas to include butterflies can include everything from dress to accessories, decorations, and seat cards.
4. Under the sea: Think head table fish tanks with colorful fish, marine life-inspired centerpieces, and a mermaid dress for the quinceañera. Properly placed streamers can resemble seaweed, and there are endless possibilities to incorporate this theme into cake and party favors.
5. Old Hollywood: A board with black and white photographs of the young bridesmaid, maybe a rented photo booth, or a cheaper option, have someone take polaroids that can be instantly displayed, red lips for fifteen and short. ” Rat Pack style chamberlains, retro hair, and a cake with a Hollywood sign topper! Create an instant paparazzi by hiring a couple of kids to take random photos after all the big dances have been performed.
6. Bollywood – bright colors, maybe sarees for the ladies, belly dancers would be a touch no one would soon forget!
7. Shine like a diamond – Shine like a celebrity for the day with this theme! Go with a crystal-embellished dress, cubic zirconia accessories, diamond cake, and eye-catching centerpieces. Take it to the next level with a diamond ice sculpture.
8. Candy – A fun and colorful theme, set up a “candy bar” with a variety of candy options, make oversized lollipop centerpieces or a candy bouquet that can serve as a party favor. The quinceanera dress could be bubblegum pink, with the Starburst colored bridesmaid dress varieties.
9. Stars – Accessorize with pretty star jewelry, make sparkly star centerpieces and use star shaped balloons. Hang stars from the ceiling to dance under the stars and take a Hollywood Star Walk of Fame for the court of fifteen!
10. Animal Print – This theme is usually done with a combination of zebra and pink, or let’s say cheetah and red. Colors and patterns can be incorporated throughout the event.
11. Mardi Gras – For this fun theme, consider merry-go-round horse centerpieces with balloons, a fudge and caramel apple pie, and “ticket” invitations to the Quince Mardi Gras.
12. Ombre: This theme takes a popular trend and applies it to different facets of the party to create a unified look. Dresses, cake, centerpieces, and even balloons can be used to achieve this theme. You can select a single color (such as pink), two colors (such as pink and silver), or even a group of colors (such as pastels, think yellow, pink, and purple).
13. Fairy Garden – This is a beautiful theme that would be lovely for an outdoor party. Think pastel colors, ivy, floral centerpieces, romantic curtains, and bird accents everywhere.
14. Paris: Feel the city with the Eiffel Tower centerpieces. Go classy with court and quinceanera appeal, and choose French fare from the menu (or create a table with French desserts!) The main colors can be black, white, silver, and pink. Stores like Hobby Lobby have everything from Paris themed fabrics to mini-Eiffel towers and more.
15. Winter Wonderland: Use the colors white, silver and blue to evoke winter. Use lighted snowflakes, faux snow, and Manzanita branch centerpieces to set the winter mood. Add a hot chocolate bar or white chocolate fountain for more fun.
This list of quinceañera themes is meant to be a starting point for you – you can take your quinceañera to extreme creative heights, even on a budget (we were on a pretty hefty budget when we had ours!). It is by no means all inclusive, the possibilities are truly endless. I will also post a Part II of this list in the near future with 15 more unique Quinceañera themes! What fifteen theme do you like? What theme are you planning for your quince?